Tuesday, February 21, 2006

I me myself and my ‘confusions’


Ever since my childhood days I have been always the queen of confusions… in everything I do, think there has always been the word CONFUSION attached to it.


Usually, when kids are asked the question about what they what to become after they grow up.. their immediate answer will be either teacher, police, doctor, or a pilot. And nothing was special with me.. I was also in that category.. but I was just carried away with all these stuffs for pretty long time.. I guess I was telling doctor, teacher, pilot blah blah .. till was in my eighth standard.. the most interesting part is that I used to tell all new new stuffs every other day. I was not even able to keep my thoughts stable even for two consecutive days. I used to be that confused!!!


I did my dance arangetram when I was in my eighth standard, and there was a sudden change in my thoughts.. all of a sudden I wanted to become a dancer.. I wanted to achieve something big in dance.. I wanted to see my name and photo published in almost all the leading news papers with raving reviews.. but little did I know about the dance profession as such, the difficulties faced and the various other things connected to this profession.


Then in my ninth standard, I started doing extremely good in my studies mainly math, and science… so I started thinking that I am going take up science in my eleventh and do engineering. But again, the next year I came to know that science was not my interest and I wanted to try out something different. I started thinking about many weird courses and also started asking my brother’s opinion on this.


But my brother had lots and lots of hopes on me. He wanted me to take Science only! He wanted me to try for IIT or BITS (poor guy little did he know about my commitment and sincerity. He failed to understand that I am a piece of flesh with no brains!)


But my mom, was very sure that I had to take up commerce only.. And according to my mom’s wish I ended up taking commerce only, coz me being the QUEEN OF CONFUSIONS was not able to decide anything.


Then finally for about an year, I enjoyed my life a lot coz I had no decisions to take and so was really happy (coz no confusions, no tension.. nothing!!). Then again when I came to twelfth standard, again the thought of what to do next came up.


Even then I was not sure of what actually I wanted to do in my life.


My mom said that I had to do CA and she started threatening me that it’s a VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY tough course and stuff. Actually its absolutely true..


Now when I just sat down to think about what I want from my life..


I just concluded that doctor or teacher was not my passion because those professions need something extra, which I don’t have..( anyways I guess its late realization.. cant do much about it)


Then next comes dance… I sincerely believe that I am not that kind of a person who can adopt in that environment and excel.. Because I AM NOT MADE THAT WAY!!


Lastly coming to CA… well to be very true.. I have fallen in love with this course.
This course calls for sincerity and commitment, which I lack. But still I like this course.


I have tried many times to find out what actually attracts me towards this course.. but I have failed miserably.


When my mom had asked me to take up CA when I was in my 12th, I just asked my mom as to was the full form of CA.. that’s it… and now practically I am in love with this course!!! Didn’t even know when I started liking this course..


I think that’s why people tell that ‘noone knows when love actually happens’ (ha ha ha)

but still there are loads of confusions in my mind still!!!!


i pray to god that i should stay like this forever ataleast regarding this...

4 comments:

Shilpa Krishnan said...

hey queen of confusions. looks like we were sailin in the same boat until u fell in "love" with CA. me still confused about what to do. wish blogging were a profession of sorts, it sure would be fun

nivi said...

ya .. i know.. totally.. then we would have got settled in life by now. che.. bad luck..

swathi said...

hi di.. nice to know that i have company in being confused.. i especially found that part funny where u said that ur bro had hopes on u..the fact that he had hopes on u is not funnt .. its funny because that line is so u.. am i confusing u???? :)

nywayz no negative comments dis time as well.. its a very chweet post

luv

nivi said...

hey swat

thanks di..
and ur comment is not confusing.. i got the meaning... u were trying to tell that it my usual "blabbering " right????he he he he..

thank u sweet heart for taking out time in between the internals and reading my blog...