Monday, June 26, 2006

The black mark season..

In my school, there is a custom that whomsoever behaved badly or fought with anyone( I mean physical fights like hitting, biting etc) or whomsoever were talking in class or irregular submission of homework were given a BLACKMARK. There were thirty boxes in total, and after a student gets ten or twenty or thirty black mark he or she will be asked to go and stand infront of the principal room for the rest of the day. If that person was lucky enough he or she will get it in the beginning of the day so that they need not attend the rest of the classes.

Well, when I heard of this word, I thought that they will just keep some record of these and will just keep a black point against the name and that’s it! But as usual I was wrong. It had many more things to offer. This was basically like a chart stuck in the class and each one of our names were written on the chart and each one of us could see the number of black marks which others got! Initially when this was started, it was more of a terrorizing factor for all of us. I was very scared and I behaved like “good girl”(sounds ironical right? Well that was me). The first year after this came into existence I got NO blackmark and believe me I was very very happy. That year during the hols I went around people and my flat friends telling that I got NO black mark.

Then the next year came, by that time I had got bored of staying like a good girl(dog’s tail cant be straightened u see) so again I started of with all these talking stuff and irregular submissions etc etc.. after a point of time, everyone in my class especially the guys had this competition kind of thing in which they competed against each other as to who will get the maximum number of black marks in a year. Infact for few of them, they were really bratty that the thirty boxes which actually given were not enough. They needed MORE!! And best thing was after this came up, everyone of us were very much aware of the consequences of anything which we do. Maximum punishment will only be two or three black marks at a stretch.

And I was lucky enough to get 13 blackmarks(most of them for talking in class or not doing homework). I was infact feeling thrilled on the day when I got my tenth black mark because for the first time I was allowed to bunk classes like this with the teachers permission! But to my utter disappoint it was the last period and so it was no point for me to bunk the last hour because the last period was anyways P.T. or something!!

Bad luck u see!!!!

3 comments:

Shilpa Krishnan said...

ahh..u...good girl???
who are we tryin to fool here???

swathi said...

babe i ahve only one thing to say.. vendum vendum dil.. :) (its d song if u dint understand.:))

nivi said...

shil.. i told that i "tried acting" like a good girl...

swats.. i didn get exactly what u trying to tell...