Saturday, June 03, 2006

Long time since I posted anything.. Well, all I can think about writing now is about my trip to Delhi, Amritsar, Haridwar.

Delhi- It was a place where I had stayed for about an year and I was very comfortable with this place(except for the summer season, winter was total fun). Had gained a lot of friends during that time and ofcourse had my cousins staying over there. So practically I knew quite a lot of things about Delhi. I knew quite a lot of markets in Delhi for shopping and for hanging out. So the stay over there was fun. Ofcourse to add on to the fun we went for fana in a PVR called WAVES (if I am not wrong). After which I have fallen in love with Aamir khan.. Wow.. Great movie!!! Not to forget that little kid.. one scene where the kid tells ways if wasting milk and how his mom will find it is just an example.

Haridwar- wow.. Comparatively a cool place.. The stay was only for a day or two but the food and the climate(atleast it was kind of pleasant when compared to the others) over there was really good. The stay was very comfortable except for our driver who was very very very irritating. He was talking all the time totally boring us. Its not like I hate to listen to people talking, but its just that he was unimaginably boring.
Having bath in the ganges is the best thing anyone can even think off!!! But one word of caution to all those people who are planning to take bath in the Ganges like what I did. Please be careful.. see to that that when u are having a bath in the Ganges, rubber tyres and plastic covers don’t cling onto your neck. It happened to me. It was very funny but at the same time it made me think about many things (well now I am not all that ‘thinking about many things’ but still....


Amritsar- place of turbans!!!(no offences). But I did get tired of looking at turbans all the time in the city!!! Pa.. where ever I turned was looking at long beard and turbans!!! Well one thing.. the golden temple was awesome. Though I was not all that convinced about their beliefs and practices. It was very hot there too!!!!!! Very hot…
This was my ten days ‘summer’ trip to ‘hot places’. Huh… its all overL back to square one! Same usual routine .. waaaahhhh!!!!

4 comments:

Shilpa Krishnan said...

lucky u...u get to see such lovely places while i am struck here in sickeningly hot chennai!! waah...

Shilpa Krishnan said...

and hope to see more posts from u, now that u are back to your old routine (read jobless existence)

nivi said...

ya ya sure.. if i have pics.. will post them also.. check them out.. i took those photos..

nivi said...

sorry babe.. my bro has the ohtos and he has not uploaded them still..