Friday, June 16, 2006

Morning walks… and the park…

One thing for which I have always had aversion is nothing but waking up early and going for walking. It has always been near to impossibility for me to get up in the morning for morning walk! But ironically, I have started doing the same for the past four or five days. I am really amused by this fact!

I really have to tell about the place where I go for walk.. it is actually a park very near to my place, the name is nageshwara park. Earlier this park was known for its untidy dirty environment. The park had garbage thrown all over the place. There were iron rods here there which were broken and were very badly rusted. And most importantly it was known for the urinated smell, which it always gave because mostly people went inside that park for that purpose only. So undoubtedly, it was full of mosquitoes 24*7. the nearing neighborhoods were suffering a lot.

The turning point came when the ‘sundaram finance’ took up this the park and decided to renovate it. Now its undoubtedly its one of those very few parks which are very well maintained and its full of greenery. Morning walks have become a very common feature over there. Thus in the process reduced the crowd in the beach to a very great extent. The people from in and around this area prefer coming to the park and once you become the regular walker in the park, you will come to know many people. This park has many more to offer. There is something called the Laughter club in which people stand in a circle and laugh in all different ways possible. This has been scientifically prove very healthy as it is known that ‘laughter is the best medicine’. And again there are free yoga sessions provided.

There are no interesting characters as such in the mornings who come to the park for walk, but the fun or the gala time is only in the evening when the tiny tots come there to play. There are just too adorable. But one thing is for sure. None of the kids are regular to the park so its kind off difficult to catch up with their names.

Once when I had gone to the park in the evening around four out of sheer boredom of sitting all day alone at home, I saw two kids who were actually sisters playing in the park. If I am not wrong, I think the elder sister was around 5 years old and younger around 3 yrs. I was looking at the way in which these two were playing and the younger one comes to me and pulls me and asks her to come and play with her(in her language which I didn’t understand but I had her sister help me out in decoding “THE CODE”. After sometime of play the kids leave home and for the first time in my life I even experienced something very new. It has never occurred to me.. I was sitting under a big tree and slowly I began to loose myself and started admiring the nature’s beauty. There was noone next to me and the place was in absolute silence. I was able to listen to the minute of the chirping which the birds did and was able to fell the cool breeze of the wind. It was slow and cool and I felt as though there was also a melodious tune of flute accompanying the wind. Considering the fact that I am a very very very restless person and I had always not believed to all those nature poets whose poems we were asked to read in school. But that was one day which made me sit over there for about three hours continuously. I was able to feel my world, my freedom, my nature everything of mine.

4 comments:

Shilpa Krishnan said...

aww....by any chance was it a peepul tree u were sitting under..during the whole enlightenment thingy ;-)

n oye, me too wanted to go to nageswara sometime...we shall go together once oki..

nivi said...

ya sure da.. no.. i don think it was a PEEPUL TREE.. will take u there and show u..

swathi said...

wah nivi.. buddha 2.. jus kiddin da.. i can compltely understand wat ur sayin.. feel the same wen i go to d beach.. only thing its stil very dirty..

cheers
swat

nivi said...

buddha llam illa di.. ippadillam solladha.. andha buddhakku insult appo.. ok va? u have been to nageshwara park before a?