Thursday, March 16, 2006

As I am running short of thoughts I am again going back to my school days when I was a major mischievous types.. people around me still continue telling that I am a brat but if one sits and does a comparative analysis of me during my school days and now, the result will surely disclose that I have become more ‘shamathu’ types girl.. very sincerely speaking I hate this new avatar of mine… but what to do? I am truly helpless.

An incident occurred when I was in my tenth standard, as I had mentioned earlier, six of us, were the ones who were involved in the whole thing. This happened towards the end of tenth standard, by that time we had become experts in any kind off mischievous things.. I mean anything!!!

I still remember, it was on January 29th a day before our board science practical, two of my friends had not submitted their records. Infact till January 29th their notes itself was incomplete. Actually we had to submit our records two weeks before the exam and get it corrected and the school’s seal was a must. But since two of my friends had not done anything regarding this, we had to help them out handle the situation because if they don’t get things done on time, they will surely get into trouble the next day. So, three of us started writing and drawing stuffs in their records so that work gets over fast and the others were very religiously working out on getting the teacher’s signature right. After about an hour’s work two of them got the signatures right and they signed their own record notebooks on behalf of the teachers.

After the autograph session got over, the next was to get the school’s seal on it. Only two people could do this, it was I and another girl. But since her record notebook was involved she didn’t want to do this. So I decided that I would do it. At around 3.15 when actually the physics lab will be practically empty with only one teacher over there who is one of my favorite teachers, I tiptoed into the lab and I started talking to him in a usual way as I normally do. But to my surprise he understood that I had come for some work to be done. Then he asked me what he wants to do for me? But I was a bit hesitant because he is one person who is damn shrewd and he knows top to bottom about me and he also has an amazing memory power

I kept telling that I had come to see him only. But he saw the record notebooks in my hand and asked me whose books these were. I told that it was my friends record and that I had come to submit that. But still he didn’t believe. And neither was I able to keep up the silence. So I told him that I wanted a favor from him..

I told him that I want him to put the school seal on the two record notebooks. He just checked the record notebooks to see whether they were signed. He didn’t tell me anything about the signatures. I felt so relieved and I also had a sense of achievement that I had fooled one extremely sharp person. After that he just wished me all the best for my practical exam. After that I left home.

The next day, was my exam, I was majorly tensed and I saw my physics teacher mocking at me (he always used to play with me a lot). I was actually feeling bad that I had cheated my physics teacher. Then I decided that I am surely going to go and tell him that I did the mistake. Because his silence was practically killing my conscious. So I went up to him and told him that I wanted to confess something to him. He acted as though he knew nothing though I knew that he knew everything. I just told him ‘sorry’ and he told that its ok.. I was just totally taken a back looking at his generosity. Actually when I decided that I will go and tell him the truth I thought that he is surely going to make it a big issue and that my future is for sure shattered. But nothing like that happened.

All he told me were these words “good that u realized it before it was too late and asked sorry.. the minute you realized that what you did was wrong, at that time itself I forgave you” I was really touched… I guess this is how a teacher-student rapport should be..
I don’t think I will be getting another teacher like him who truly gave me my space but still corrected me.

11 comments:

g-man said...

awesome, i wish i had a teacher like that. but we did have some very very good ones in our school. my class teacher in the 12th was the person who left the biggest impression on me. there is nobody like her on this planet, none at all.

nivi said...

oh cool.. nice to know about that.... and ya.. did u read the answer which i gave for your ques in my previous post???

Shilpa Krishnan said...

such lovely teachers in school. and then you land up in m.o.p. :-(

nivi said...

ya i know... sad... i am rotting in college... waaahhh!!!!

g-man said...

rottin in college? lolz, join the club. i despise the place so damn much i can't explain it

nivi said...

hey hey... same here... hate it to the core... having one so called EVS exam tomo and till now i don even know the portions... dont even feel like studying... che... wat a life..

g-man said...

evs??? sure hope it stands for expletive voicing studies, lolz. otherwise no way i'm comin anywhere near that bull! ;)

g-man said...

o yea, extreme vandalism study would do quite nicely as well...

nivi said...

hey its called something like environmental science or something... hmmm.. it was a disaster anyways...

g-man said...

yay, i love disasters!!! most of me exams are disasters, i end up makin stories for about half the paper and finally get pretty ok marks, lol. ppl usually tend to want to beat me up when i get marx coz i inevitably say i'm screwed on this one, coz that's the way i see it. weird world tho. the person who's sposed to be teaching us doesn't know what kinda crap they teaching us, as is evident frm our answer papers. dnt worry tho. exams -> no reason to get tense. trust me, i forgot what tension means aeons ago. ya shld as well. all da best 4 2mo, anyways. just don't let a bad day get you down...

nivi said...

yup... same here.. i crap to the max extent possible... he he.. and my friends beat me up coz i get good marks because of the good rapport which i have with teachers... this usedto happen in school.. not in coll.... wuah!!! not anymore...