Saturday, September 01, 2007

Customs are something which I hate! One thing which I am always against is to the fact that women succumb to the demands of a man! There has been N number of cases where I have seen the lady of the family let go of their career or stagnate their career and future for the sake of the family! Now the question is why should the lady do? The man also has equal interest in the family. It is still a male dominated society!!!! Whether they give 33% rights or not it is still a male dominated society! A woman is called the “weaker sex”. But to break the records I saw a news report on how a girl who was raped when she was in her teens has saved many more girls and children from the being sex workers and she has started a school all by herself! Now this speaks volumes about what a woman can do! Still she is called the “home maker” many take pride in telling that! I don say that its shameful to tell that! But when a person is capable of creating wonders then why should she waste that and forego her interest for her family! She can do things zillions things at a time!

One question which I was asking my mother today evening was that “why is it that a girl born in the family is never considered to be the property of that family and that there is always a reference made to her as the one who is going to move out of the family. Agreed that she is moving out at a later date but still why that name badge is given to her ever since she is born! Atleast in my case for the past 20years I have been referred as that!

Trust me its painful! And why is it that the daughters have to move out of the family??? There are zillion cases in which male children just put their parents in some random old age homes. Why don’t parents depend on girls for help and their security? Why don’t they consider daughters to be a part of their family???????????????? Why ? why? Why???

No comments: